Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Early voting

Tommie and I went to the courthouse today, to vote early. It went smoothly enough, they had their new computerized system to sign folks in, and those touch-screen electric voting machines. The thing I thought most interesting that I commented on it to the voting clerk who took me to the booth (she had to log-in with the supervisor's card), was the curtains they had set up to surround and separate the voting machines. This is the first time I've even seen those in a polling place here, not just on the TV portrayals of elections. Granted, the curtains weren't the full-length shower curtain-type, these were hung from head high and draped down to about waist high, but like I said, this is the first election I've ever seen them used. The clerk said they (the county) was going "all-out" to dress up this election. It beats the old-fashioned pop-up "student blinders" voting booth that I grew up with.

Apparently early voting is doing fairly well in areas that have it. Now I wish there was a way to block out the rest of the election season until it's over! (Beyond plugging my ears and crying "LALALA-I'MNOTLISTENING-LALALA!")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home