Sunday, October 19, 2008

More random thoughts

First off, I'm sorry to announce that Military Motivator has disappeared from the Æthersphere. The last posting was in the middle of August, titled "Imperial Fleet Week," was kinda funny, a home video depicting TIE Fighters flying under the Golden Gate Bridge, AT-AT walkers along the beach, and a "moonrise" of the Death Star, all over San Francisco! The irreverent military themed humor will be greatly missed.

KOLE 1340 AM is kinda back on the air here in SE Texas. So far they're running "The Afternoon Drive with Ronnie Linden" over and over, interspersed with the announcement of "we're working to bring KOLE back on the air soon." It wouldn't be so bad, except these shows are from winter-ish of 2006-07, based on the subject matter of so-and-so getting elected.

My ex, Kelly AKA Phoenyx has "retired" from blogging, due to her ongoing fight with her health, making it difficult for her to think and concentrate enough to update it regularly. It'll be sad to not have her blog to read anymore, since it was a way to keep up with each other without being intrusive (visiting, calling, stuff like that), but I can understand her reasons. I'll still blog here, on my quasi-regular schedule. I stopped by her house the other day to pick up a rather cumbersome tool that I'd left there in the garage, and we stood around visiting for a while, which reminded me of the old friend I had before we messed it up with getting married.

I will be so glad when this election is over with. The polarized hostility is worse than any sports rivalry, and I'm afraid that when the results are announced, there will be riots of celebration or indignant "protests." Even former Bill Clinton adviser James Carville has made similar remarks, that "if Obama goes in and he has a consistent five point lead and loses the election, it would be very, very, very dramatic out there." Nevermind that historically, if a Democrat didn't have an overwhelming lead (much greater than 5%), the Republican candidate would win the election. Recall: Dewey Defeats Truman! Still, this talk doesn't bode well for civil order in the next month, and political relations for the next several years. Note, the eight years of accusations from the Left about Bush stealing the election of 2000 and "Bush=Hitler." (If that's true, why aren't you idiots in ovens?!?) The cynic in me is about to explode, and I'm gonna taze anybody that gets near me with this shit!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. Why aren't they in ovens?

6:25 PM, October 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home