Sunday, April 20, 2008

Looks like the world is conspiring against me...

Next weekend would be very busy for me, except I already have something to block out all my time: State Guard training. It seems like everything else I'd like to do this month all falls on the same weekend. Saturday is San Jacinto Day at the battleground (the day itself is tomorrow), there's World Tai Chi and Qigong Day then too, the Rubber Duckie Derby at Riverfront Park here in Beaumont, and I'm sure there's something elsewhere too. Back in March when we went to Texas Independence Days at Washington-on-the-Brazos, I was looking forward to seeing the Battle of San Jacinto reenactment in the same year. Not happening now. Gotta make sure our shit's squared away and we don't look like a giant clusterfuck doing our D&C at AT next month. At least with Tai Chi, I can at least imagine I'm doing it instead of regular PT, and from some studies, imagining is somewhat helpful compared to being idle or doing something else (apparently the brain imagining doing the exercise helps promote the energy flow, even for those unable to move).

Photobucket

2 Comments:

Blogger Arcadia Iris said...

Console yourself by going to see The Forbidden Kingdom if you find time... and if Tommie likes Jackie Chan and/or Jet Li movies. It draws from the legend of the Monkey King, and Jackie Chan plays a Toaist Immortal. It's got the comedic bits one can expect from a Jackie Chan movie, but there's also a lot of folklore, philosophy, and Truth in it. And I bet the movie theater will even be showing it at times when you don't have to be running around doing anything else.

11:14 AM, April 22, 2008  
Blogger Mattexian said...

We'd discussed doing that, but not when yet. It'll probably be on the "to-do" list next week, once I've got a new paycheck and Tommie finishes a final exam or two.

12:58 PM, April 22, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home