Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A day late for San Jacinto

Once again, I didn't post on San Jacinto Day, to commemorate it, altho I sure as Hell flew my flag. I just didn't have any inspiration to write anything. So, I'll let you peruse some other Texans writing about the day here and here. (H/T to Tam.) Even the Pistolero gets into it two days in a row.

I think a big part of why I was uninspired, was being more concerned about WildFire's dog Peaches. She's 15 years old, and her body's starting to go, altho Fire's gotten a few more good days out of her, after the initial panic of the weekend, when Peaches apparently had a smallish stroke and lost a lot of mobility and her sight. I've already offered what words I can over there, so I won't rehash them here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, sorry I made you miss your special day. That was not my intent, of course.

10:13 PM, April 22, 2008  
Blogger Mattexian said...

I wasn't trying to imply it was your fault, I was more preoccupied about the conflicting schedules this weekend, and that was what made me uninspired to write about the day.

10:21 AM, April 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home