Monday, September 11, 2006

2094 of 2996, five years later

I was chosen to remember Mohammed Jawara. The similarities between he and I are a little eerie: we both worked as officers for security companies, although not the same one; he was 30 years old, it was 4 days before my 30th birthday. Beyond that, I have to rely on what others have said of him.

I would like to think how he is remembered on September11Victims.com is a fair represntation. I can't give better praise than Rob Bender did:
Mohammed was the epitomy of the Gentle Giant: secure in himself, careful with his words, and unerringly professional at all times. He did not deserve to die the way he did. He was a devout Muslim. He never lost his cool. He was big, and he knew how to bounce out the drunks, believe me. You knew that you could never mess with this man. And, no one ever will, wherever he is now. May Allah bless you on your journey. You are missed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home